|Ephesus roman city pictures
Date: june 24, 2006|
Title: The odeon and agora from the secondary entrance
Description: the small theatre in Ephesus, where state affairs were held. It was constructed in the 2nd century AD by the order of Publius Vedius Antonius and his wife Flavia paiana, two wealthy citizens in Ephesus.
It has a capacity of 1450 people. It has 3 doors opening from the stage to the podium. The podium is narrow and one meter higher than the orchestra section.
Being the most important trade center of Ephesus, Agora was built in the third century B.C in the Hellenistic Period, but the ruins date from the reign of Caracalla (211-217 C.E)
Date: june 24, 2006
GPS coords: 37.936785407171854,27.344809770584106